This month’s Feelgood Tap is the Santa Shop at Hospitality House Food Pantry and $1 of Witty Yank will be donated to the Santa Shop in 2018!
Santa Shop is put on by Hospitality House early in December each year. It’s a major undertaking to help more than 600 children have a wonderful holiday.
Santa Shop provides a free shopping experience for clients who go with an elf escort from puzzle table to book table to clothing table to game table and so on as they select gifts for their children. A wrapping station is provided, Santa visits, craft areas are arrange to keep children occupied as parents shop and a dancing dreidle has been known to be seen.
Elves know how much is available and how many children need a visit from Santa and effectively lead families to select the right number of gifts so everyone’s need is met while making sure there are few unclaimed gifts.
In addition, a supply of gifts are available for children to select to have wrapped and give their parents. Stuffed stockings are available for everyone.
Help us raise money for the 2018 Santa Shop by ordering Witty Yank all month long!
Grunge Phaze are on sale in cans! Pick up a 4-pack for $13.99 plus tax and deposit today!
Now Hiring- Bartenders and Servers
We are hiring for experienced and friendly bartenders and servers to join the Drafting Table Brewing Company family! They will report directly to the manager or shift leader on duty and will be responsible for creating an extraordinary experience by providing pleasant and responsive service to all guests. The positions will start as part time with the opportunity to turn into full time positions.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes that include, but are not limited to:
- A passion for and knowledge of craft beer
- Previously worked in a service industry for at least one year
- Outstanding work ethic
- Outgoing personality and the ability to hold conversations with guests
- Courteous and thoughtful of guests and other employees
- Service oriented
- Upholds honesty
- Able to follow directions from manager or shift leader on duty
- Great communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Attention to detail and able to complete tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Able to resolve problems quickly
- Computer literate
- Tip certification is a plus
- Has knowledge in state alcohol laws and health codes
- Able to be a team player and to maintain pleasant and respectful working relationships with fellow employees
- Punctual and dependable
- Eagerness to learn and grow with the company
Candidates must be able to fulfill the following tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Perform opening and closing duties before and after every shift
- Promptly greet guests and take orders
- Effectively communicate with both guests and employees
- Able to handle products in a sanitary manner
- Provide a safe atmosphere for both guests and fellow employees
- Check identification of customers to verify guests are over 21 years of age to purchase and consume alcohol
- Able to handle money and perform basic math quickly
- Promptly clear and clean tables
- Complete TIPS certification
- Able to navigate and operate a POS system efficiently
- Promptly and respectfully respond to any customer requests
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow employees as needed
- Be available to fill in for fellow employees as needed
- Wash glasses and dishes
- Safely maneuver and change out kegs when needed with the assistance of a manager or shift leader on duty
- Report and document all significant shift incidences
- Keep restrooms clean and stocked with necessary supplies
- Able to find a shift replacement when needed
- Have a professional appearance by arriving to work with clean clothing and good hygiene
- Be proactive and forward thinking to prevent potential issues with customers and employees before they arise
- Represent the DTBC brand positively while on and off duty
Candidates must also be able to handle the following physical demands that include, but are not limited to:
- Able to stand for up to 6 hours at a time on concrete floors
- Assist manager or shift leader on duty with moving kegs in the cold room
- Able to lift and carry 25-30 lbs.
Other requirements include:
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Supply your own transportation
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
We are now participating in the Feelgood Tap which helps raise funds to support local and regional nonprofits throughout Michigan with a focus on community, culture, and wellness. The funds raised will further the work these nonprofits do within communities throughout the state.
Each month a new beer will be raised in price by $1 to support a different nonprofit. At the end of each month, those $1 contributions get passed throughout the State of Michigan to nonprofits doing good work.
We are now apart of Tagabrew and our necklaces and tags are in. The starter necklace is $5.00 that includes the necklace and DTBC tag. Just the tag is $2.00. Visit http://www.tagabrew.com/ to see other participating breweries.